Presidential Pearl Inaugural Gala
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQS)
How much will individual tickets cost?
Individual tickets cost $250 which includes admission to the Presidential Pearl Inaugural Gala and the morning conference.
What are the terms and conditions of the ticket sales?
- Tickers are sold on a FIRST COME – FIRST SERVED BASIS
- Tickets are NONREFUNDABLE
- Purchase are NOT tax-deductible
- All guests will be asked for a photo id to gain entrance to the gala
- Tickets will NOT be mailed to you. Your sale confirmation and e-ticket will be emailed to you by January 16, 3013. Bring this to gain entrance to the morning conference and inaugural gala.
- For nonprofit group sales, please provide your tax id confirming that you are a nonprofit organization.
- For all GROUP SALES, the names of the 10 guests must be submitted by JANUARY 11, 2013. Any changes to the guest list after that date must be submitted in writing and the substitute guest must bring the confirmation receipt from us to the event.
Is there a discounted rate for nonprofits?
Yes. Groups of 10 from nonprofit organizations may purchase tickets for $2250. These discounted tickets must be purchased as a group. Nonprofit groups will be listed as “Supporting Organizations”.
Can I buy 10 tickets for my group even if I am not a nonprofit?
Yes. The cost is $2,500 for 10 tickets.
How soon do I need to book a hotel for Inaugural Week?
Inaugural week is one of the premier events in Washington, D.C and it happens only every four years. We will have a limited block of rooms at the Mandarin Oriental available on a first come-first served basis. Call the Mandarin at 202-554-8588 and ask for the “pearl gala” rate which is $895 night/ 4 night minimum. Hotels are almost gone and many of them require a 4 to 5 night minimum so plan ahead. If you can’t find a hotel in D.C., look in the Northern Virginia and Maryland suburbs. There are also private residences that may be available through www.craigslist.com. Further suggestions are located HERE.
What is the dress code?
Black tie and formal wear or cultural attire
Will there be tables?
No, there will be food stations featuring various Asian cuisines, cash bar but each attendee will be provided 2 drink tickets (beer and wine) and a dessert reception.
What is the schedule for the 20th?
8:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Briefings on voting trends, political appointment process and legislative issues for the new Congress. (Ballroom C) CLICK HERE for the detailed agenda and to RSVP for the briefing. Be sure to come early and join us for coffee and breakfast. Keynote address by Christopher Lu, Cabinet Secretary will start promptly at 8:30 AM. Registration starts at 8:00 AM.
Registration will open you at 5:30 PM for VIPs and 6:30 PM for all attendees.
6 – 7 p.m VIP Reception
7 p.m. to midnight: Presidential Pearl Inaugural Gala
All activities will be held at the Mandarin Oriental.